The Université de Montréal is a French-language institution. This English website contains only the most frequently consulted pages from our French website.
PhD in Chemistry
The PhD in Chemistry program is intended to train high-level researchers. Students must already have research skills, and must complete a project in a specific field of chemistry. They will apply their skills and acquire new knowledge, and contribute to advancing knowledge in the field.
The rigorous research underlying the PhD dissertation will give students an opportunity to demonstrate their creativity and originality.
The Department of Chemistry and UdeM offer many scholarships for students, as well as the possibility of complete financial assistance comparable to that offered at other leading Canadian universities.
Questions about this program?
- All about this program (in French)
- Financial support
- Find a thesis supervisor
- International (in French)
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying chemistry at the Université de Montréal!
- Internationally renowned professors.
- Prestigious lectures and seminars led by international experts.
- Close links with the industry in Montréal, home to many of the country's largest laboratories.
- Many scholarships and the possibility of complete financial assistance.